Print speed on a DC 12 with heavy stock

GusG

My DC2060 is being rather temperamental at the moment so I am doing some of my jobs on my little K-M bizhubs when the DC2060 is down. However, a good number of my clients have become used to the gloss output of the fuser oil based DC2060 which I can't replicate on the K-Ms (they also don't do SRA3). Therefore I've thought of getting an old DC12 to push me through with these picky clients when the DC2060 is having an off day.
Can anyone tell me what the colour printing speeds are on the DC12 when doing say 135 gsm coated, 200 gsm coated and 250 gsm coated?
Any other wise words on the DC12 would also be appreciated from those who have used it or are still using it.
Thanks in advance.

uv coater

uv coater

i dont know what prices are in your location of an old dc 12 here in the netherlands it would be between 5000 and 10000 euros i guess.

UV Coaters (no spot) would be 30000 euros but are becoming availlable for 20000 euros.
Chinese manufacturers are making very good uv coaters. See Alibaba.com - The world's largest online B2B marketplace. and search for uv coaters. I found a 320 x 460 uv coater for 2500 dollars (new)

I cannot tell you if its working since we will be importing one froms china soon.

If you really want all in one i would suggest looking at a Canon imagepress C1+
This will not be very fast (60 ppm A4 Black on 90 grs paper) 14 ppm A4 Color on 90 grs paper (however heavy stock duplex will be 2 ppm max at large sizes sra3)

The clear toner option however will give you spot abillities and will even print on your bizhub prints.

My DC2060 is being rather temperamental at the moment so I am doing some of my jobs on my little K-M bizhubs when the DC2060 is down. However, a good number of my clients have become used to the gloss output of the fuser oil based DC2060 which I can't replicate on the K-Ms (they also don't do SRA3). Therefore I've thought of getting an old DC12 to push me through with these picky clients when the DC2060 is having an off day.
Can anyone tell me what the colour printing speeds are on the DC12 when doing say 135 gsm coated, 200 gsm coated and 250 gsm coated?
Any other wise words on the DC12 would also be appreciated from those who have used it or are still using it.
Thanks in advance.

I remember it being incredibly slow on heavier stocks and incredibly unreliable on uncoated stock. Approx 5 seconds on google produced this:-

http://download.support.xerox.com/p...en/DC12__Customer_Expect_Setting_Document.pdf

That has all the speeds and a paragraph on coated stock.

Thanks Ifelton, this is the kind of document I've been googling for, must have used the wrong search criteria. Just what I need to answer the posted question and a good number of others as well.
Thanks too direxiondm for the update on UV coaters. I would be VERY interested in hearing about your experiences with the $2500 coater once you've had a chance to work with it.

Dc12

Dc12

DC12 is not a good investment in my opinion. It is slow, high running costs and apart from that you would'nt be able to run it too long (I think Xerox stopped production in 2005)

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back