Printer Issues With the 120 and Xerox 700

CanarcticPress

So for the Xerox 700 all my papers register just fine pre cut and paper I cut myself, except for 80lb matte text (Its a productolith). No matter what I do to try and get it to align it always skews on single sided and duplex-ed. Anyone else having this problem or a solution? Our company uses alot of this stock. The DocuColor 260 duplex's this stock with no skew :(

As for the 120 every time I run pre-prints, (the stock was ran on a press). I get streaking and the fuser roll craps out at 626 913 when it should last at least 1.500 000 cycles. Does anyone have a work around for this? The pre print parts are only on the edges about a inch in and that's where the streaks appear, I also let them dry for 6 days before running.

Thank you for all your help :)

do you have custom profiles set for that type of stock? per advice from a technician is that some paper may need custom profiles to compensate. I know there's a skew option in the custom profiles, but i've never had to play with that setting at all.. we use 20# text weights all the way to 100# cover stocks, simplex and duplex...

I do use the server tray alignment on the CWS, also the alignment adjustment on the 700 its self, which i can get them to line up but once i run a full color job it skews way out of spec. What are these Custom paper settings you where talking about? Is there a link to instructions...? My tech. dose not have a clue when I mentioned that to him :(

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back