Printer-Ready

Cory Smith

23-Printer-Ready-800.jpg

It's probably a corporate brochure so most likely it was created in Powerpoint.

LOL

FL

and of course it's a three panel brochure to be folded. Inevitably the panels won't be the right size to fold properly . . .

Now that I've uploaded this to the printer's ftp, I'll just wait until tomorrow and then pick them up.

Next day, 09:00
"Hello, this is Joe calling. We spoke last week about my posters. Are they ready?"

[begin CSR rage]

You forgot the crappy laser prints that they want you to match to!

Laser prints would be a dream - We usually get "But this isn't how it looks on my $90 monitor! Make the blue more 'bluey'!"

I once had someone show up at my office looking for a 300 page catalogue printed CMYK throughout. The proceeded to show me laser prints of the pages and they were full of color images.There were thousands of them in this book. They handed me a 3.5" floppy with all the artwork files on it and said the secretary really knows her computer so she did the layout when she wasn't busy. I politely declined to quote and sent him to my biggest competitor.

I had the Hell's Angels ask me to do a wanted poster once. I told them because it had a photo on it that it would take me about 6 weeks to have it done. The guy said " No thanks. We'll get him by then"

I had one of the strippers from a local strip club show up to inquire about doing some posters she could give away during her show. She unrolled this printout she had done and told me she wasn't happy with the color of her nipples. She then pulled out one of her breasts to show me the correct color

I could go on and on and on....................

Don't forget to typeset it in Courier... just so the prepress department can do a font hunt for extra fun. :)

Kevin.

Oh and I forgot the best one.........I had a customer ask me for a price option if they used a sans serif type versus a serif type. There rationale was that the sans serif type doesn't have any serifs so it will use less ink and less ink would cost less money. Yikes

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back