Printing on offset paper

mulo_g

I wish to print on offset gloss coated paper (the paper that is used for printing on offset machine) on an inkjet paper. I have Epson 4800 and 4000 and Canon ipf 5100. However they print on inkjet specific coated paper. Which inkjet printers do that? My size requirement is 17 inch x 28 inch, or a roll. What are Eco solvent printers? How do they differ from wide format inkjet?

Your Epsons are aqueous (water based) and require the appropriate coated media for best results. Same for Solvent/Eco Solvent printers require solvent/eco coated media.

If you wish to print on “any” media, then you will need to look into a UV based machine. Of course, these machines and ink are not cheap (if the idea is to save money on inkjet paper).

Stephen Marsh

Yes the idea is to save money. Inkjet media + cis ink, vs UV, vs Eco solvent ink + eco solvent media.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back