Printing White Color using Offset Technology

Abid Raza

I have come printing WHITE COLOR as base. Customer wants to looks EGGS white as NATURAL.
Please advice best possible practice, achieve the result.

Attachments

• photo7271.jpg
    photo7271.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 301
You cannot be any "whiter" than your substrate, unless you want to throw down a couple of hits of solid opaque white ink and then print the 4/c image over that we used to do that on a silver foil base for product labels . . . interesting effects possible . . . . . .

In my experience, printing solid opaque white "under-color" using screen printing (silkscreen) gets the best results.

You use what ya got . . . and silk screening 50,000 labels gets pretty pricy especiallly when you have to register to 175 line process work

"Use what ya got"?
You may find that the result is not be acceptable to the customer.
I have seen that happen time after time.
Please remember what the OP asked:
"Please advice best possible practice, (to) achieve the result."

"Use what ya got"?
You may find that the result is not be acceptable to the customer.
I have seen that happen time after time.
Please remember what the OP asked:
"Please advice best possible practice, (to) achieve the result."

WEll . . . we were printing a much higher end product that was in the photo qt of protien mix for like 20 bucks US. you have go take in to account cost, registration to work and end result . . . couldn'thave gotten to the cost with silkscreen or the registration but the double hit of opaque white worked like a charmg. . . end price per palable was over 50 cents per labell

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back