Problem with 3d shapes in esko studio toolkit for labels

razzvanel

hy, i have some problems with shapes made in 3d desing programs that i am trying to use in illustrator with esko toolkit for labels. i made the 3d shape some kind of bottle and save it as collada file dae extension, but when i'm trying to open in illustrator i can't open it because it's say that has no printabale area , what can i do?, how can i add a printable area that can alow to add label graphic?

I have a pdf document explaining how it's done.
send me your e-mail address and I will send the document to you.

Or ask esko customer support for the "Collada for Visualizer.pdf" document.

Correct, illustrator requires that all collada files have a printable area. No printable area means no art board essentially. Esko offers a service to either build your 3d shape or add a printable area to one (not sure what they charge) or like Simon says you can do it yourself depending on how complex the shape is and esko will give you the documentation for this.

I have the same problem with preparing collada files for esko toolkit for labels. Does the problem have any solution? I found that a collada file may have a tag that describes print area or it might be a packed set of dae files and one of them is controlling file that have print area information. But I still cannot figure out how to assign this info to a polygon set of a model.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back