Problem with lamination on flat xerox 3100 color

hmeddahi

Hello

We have a problem with filming. It peels off on the sides and ends up completely removing. Especially when there are flat colors. We print with xerox 3100 700I and 5000AP presses. Hot lamination.
A solution please

Hello

We have a problem with filming. It peels off on the sides and ends up completely removing. Especially when there are flat colors. We print with xerox 3100 700I and 5000AP presses. Hot lamination.
A solution please
Try laminating slower, hotter and increase pressure. And use digital superstick film.

If the job has lot of tint this problem happens,
Laminate it a day after printing and check the temperature, decrease the speed of lamination

WreckTangle

Sounds like the lamination material is the issue. Printed mainly offset books and got into printing low runs for our customers via digital, so we laminated plenty of covers. We outsourced all of our lamination and never had any problems, like Eric said, our vendor laminated the covers with a digital capable superstick film. I'd contact your Xerox rep or technical support and ask for a level 3 engineer, they should be able to help.

kev_24

If this problem occurs in the job, laminate it one
day after printing and test the temperature, lower the lamination speed

e-Book: Steps to a More Profitable Workflow

smartsoft cover
Key Steps To Making Your Workflow Profitable
The most profitable print shops remain agile and respond to their customers’ demands while keeping inventory levels at a minimum, decreasing the amount of time from order to delivery and making it easy to do business with. Read the Post