Problem with plate Agfa LAP-V

br4FUN

Hello friends, I am new to the forum and need help. I have a CTP Heidelberg Prosetter 92, with a processor Agfa LP 68 Ultra, and a few days ago started giving a problem, after development, the plate does not take ink in the printer. We've tried moving the solution of alcohol printer (increase and decrease) but not solved, somebody already had a similiar problem? I would like the opinion of you first, because as I live in a city in the interior of Brazil, assistance Agfa or Heidelberg takes too long, and is very expensive. I appreciate any help. Thank you.

PS.: Sorry for my bad english

Do you use AGFA Developer and Finisher (gum)?
How long you keep plates before putting them on the Press?
Can you make some zoomed photo of image elements and publish in here?

That's not an easy task to find the culprit with such a lack of information from you.

The finisher quality is critical for plate ink receptivity. VladCanada asked for more info. For instance do you have a washing reentry slot for plates ? Do you get any errors on display ? All temperatures and circulation/replen pumps ok ? Possible solutions to your problem :
-take a sponge soaked with fresh finisher and gently clean the processed plate again by hand. Allow to dry and load the plate into the offset machine
- chances are finisher is old, dump the chemistry, do a full maintenance. Check fluid temperatures in all sections, check spray nozzles pressure in wash-off section, retest.

Do you use AGFA Developer and Finisher (gum)?
How long you keep plates before putting them on the Press?
Can you make some zoomed photo of image elements and publish in here?

That's not an easy task to find the culprit with such a lack of information from you.

Thanks for trying to help @ VladCanada.

Yes, the developer (L5000B Ultra) and Finisher (L5300B Lithostar) are AGFA.
Plates takes on average 1-3 hours to go to machine, but we have done test after processing, placing in the machine, and also wait a day, and the result was the same.
If I understand, you want the photo of the two machines and a plate processed?

One thing I did not say, on the 11th of November, I processed two plates, and these got ink in the machine, but on November 12, processed 8 plates and took no ink.

The finisher quality is critical for plate ink receptivity. VladCanada asked for more info. For instance do you have a washing reentry slot for plates ? Do you get any errors on display ? All temperatures and circulation/replen pumps ok ? Possible solutions to your problem :
-take a sponge soaked with fresh finisher and gently clean the processed plate again by hand. Allow to dry and load the plate into the offset machine
- chances are finisher is old, dump the chemistry, do a full maintenance. Check fluid temperatures in all sections, check spray nozzles pressure in wash-off section, retest.

Thanks for trying to help @ maxon

There is no error appears on the display, the machine turns, takes 15-30 minutes to be ready to work.
All temperatures checked, according to the configuration it all match.
On the renewal of the product, I noticed that the Finisher taking this a bit, formerly a gallon of 20 liters on average took one month to finish, but the last 2 Gallons, took almost two months to finish, I know the amount of plates processed can affect this, but I found it strange.

Ask the printer to do the procedure with the sponge on the plate finisher, I'll put the result here when finished.

I will do the full maintenance, swap the two chemicals and make a new test, and put the result here.

HI, had the same problem with Lpa-V and a developer LP 82 some months ago.
First of all, clean the developer accurately and change all the chem in it, be sure they're all brand new.
Then put an half bottle of Finisher concentrate in very bin of finisher, it helps it to be more stable and active.
This solved our problem.
Must to say that lately I saw a quality reduction in these plates, perhaps change plates pack could be a test more.
Good Luck!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back