problem with screen ft-r3050

galia

Hello everybody!
We need some help: we are using a laser imagesetter Screen FT-R3050.
But last time we used it, a message on a display appeared: "mashine error 9", so it can not expose more. We have not a manual guide for this mashine.
Can someone help us with ideas about?

Thanks
Galia

Ft-r3050 Error 9

Ft-r3050 Error 9

We also have this film processor, but have never had the error.
However, in our manual, it says:

"Error 9 - Photo filter unit operation error has occurred. Contact our nearest dealer"

Hope this helps

Jane

I saw this once

I saw this once

Of all the 3050s I've worked on, I think I saw this only one time.
I have looked for my 3050 service manual, but must have misplaced it!
The photo filter unit is a set of 3 or 4 ND filters on a disk. The disk spins by a motor.
Problems with this are very rare.
Luckily the place I saw the problem with had a spare parts machine.
There are also some parameters that belong to each different disk, but this might not be too important/critical.
During bootup, the motor should drive the disk to a home position, and from there it rotates to bring up the ND filter needed. This mechanism is in the optics cabinet and is the first thing after the laser itself.
It's possible a fuse to the motor has blown. I don't have my manual, but the fuses are on the main control (CONT) board (which sits in front of the optics cavity, on a hinged slanted panel under the film load cover.)
If you look at the top of the board, you will see the fuses. They are unusual, not glass, but instead are green colored, and I think the board is labeled FU1, FU2, etc.
Not sure which one is for the Filter motor, but you can check them all. The leads on them just push into sockets in the board. Maybe there are 6 to 8 fuses there. The only one that you usually had to change was for the cutter motor.
If this fixed it, and the motor was running roughly, but somehow you got output to work, and always use the same settings (2400, etc) you might want to leave it on all the time, because I think it won't have to move ever, except at bootup.
I'll keep my eyes out for a spare parts machine, if the fuse doesn't solve it. Or, you might be able to order it from screen. No idea of the price, but sometimes their parts are surprisingly reasonable.

I've had this problem ...

I've had this problem ...

The gearbox of the engine was dry with grease. Clean, lubricate, and all right.

(google translator)

Fuse no. 3 in the Cont board, it look like ceramic colored green. Value: 0.5 Ampers

Please check the ND changer before you replace the fuse.
you can check it in the service menu by selecting the filter. you can change it anytime but if not changing maybe the motor stuck up. be carefull with the microswitch in the ND changer module.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back