Problems with Presstek Freedom Pro plates

Rabbit be sure to tell us what you guys think of the plates. We run Braden Sutphin vegetable based inks. The plates run ok for us on offset stocks. But light coverage on a coated sheet they want to emulsify. Or if you have a big solid with a 80% screen or any screen in it we have big problems they want to emulsify and plug in. We use Prisco Auto wash 6000 also. I have tried every fountain solution anyone would recommend nothing really makes a difference as far as making the plates run good. Maybe we are pushing the limits of these plates. But aside from the other two guys that posted I have yet to hear anyone say one good thing about these plates or myself. Maybe if you are stepping up from a paper or plastic plate I could see then how you could be happy with the plates.

We did just upgrade to the Freedom. We discovered that the tinting problem was the platesetter, the mirrors were really dirty. Now they run fine. I agree with you, no matter what you put in the fountain solution, they run pretty much the same. I have run 4 color process, as well as spot color, and on coated and uncoated stocks. I think the plates run kind of wet, but i havent had any emulsification problems.
Still working on wether or not i need alcohol replacement.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back