Promoting the industry through art and literacy at the National Book Festival?

hkellogg

Any digital press manufactures out there that might consider partnering with a university on a national print project? The goals would be to strengthen awareness of graphic communications and digital print through the promotion of art and literacy.

Since 2000, I have developed a bookmark project that has done the following:
• Introduced elementary children to graphic communications.
• Utilizes their artwork for the production of bookmarks.
• Promoted literacy in young people .
• Provided a “real life” assignment for my graphic students who assemble the bookmarks.
• Provides a service to the State Libraries of Indiana and Ohio that received the bookmarks (over 500,000 since 2000)
• Promote graphic communications to the nation as the bookmarks are distributed during the National Book Festival in Washington D.C.

I want to start a dialog with the digital press manufactures who might like to learn more about this project. It would be a wonderful opportunity to be supportive of two vital aspects of our industry, art and literacy.

No pressure; I just want to discuss the possibilities.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back