Proofing with HighChroma, KM C65hc

atelje

Hello to all, did someone experience...

- it is possible with KM bizhub PRO C65hc proofing (color matching of SWOP, Fogra, GRACOL...)?

- how far (dE) comes with accuracy?

- is "HighChroma" ICC profile to be available somewhere?

Thanks for any info.

Atelje, you don't need the HC version for proofing to match Offset standards. It may not even be calibratable for proofing. It's aimed at RGB workflows, to replicate photographic color gamuts.
Just the regular 6501 or the Oce version - known as the CS665pro - will do so long as it has the Premium Graphic Arts package with it and you use Oce 130gsm proofing paper silk.
The Oce CS665pro with GA Premium pack is actually certified as a 'Validation Proofing system' by FOGRA as capable of achieving ISO12647-7 (Validation) proofs. Delta E average of + or - 3.0 is the standard, with a maximum allowable of Delta E + or - 8.0. (This is slightly more tolerance than for inkjet digital contract proofing systems which permit Delta E maximum of only 6.0).

ASM, we have very good inkjet proof system, which achieved an average dE below 2 by verifiying of Fogra MW on all Fogra standards.

Thanks for the useful response of the printer 6501. KM C6501 with IC-408 will be maybe our choice for a production machine and for an alternative offer of cheaper (less accurate) proofs.

Before purchasing 6501 I collect information about newbie C65hc too, because they are in the technical specification very similar, but colours... The printer with the sRGB range can be very interesting for corporate press, advertising jobs etc.
Anywhere I don't find "HighChroma profile", which could observe and compare color gamut. Does that cover the whole sRGB? If not, how much? And how much is inconsistent with CMYK (for example ISOcoatedV2)?
I wait from KM company the answers to these questions, but it takes a while already.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back