Prosseter 8up, believe that is 2up. Hardware problem??

sistecopy

Hi to everybody..

This is something really rare... i try to do my best to explain this case:

1 week a go i have a problem with the Optic Unit of my Prosetter 102 CTP. the error that i get in the User interface was the 3025 "The filter number is not within the permissible range."
So i change the optic unit and all is fine i can make some plates for test...so i proceed to close the CTP to put all cases and some screws in the back..

When i start again the CTP i get a new error code: 3311 "An unexpected motor stop from stepper counter at plate centering", and its rare because i make some plates 15 minutes before.
and I note that the CTP User interface says that i have a Prosetter 2up not a 8up. that way i have the error 3311 in the centering motor because believe that is a 2up CTP.

So i change this to 8up in the PID int he cTP user Interface but when i turn on the ctp or reset this change again to 2up. i try to change this via Hypertherminal also and i get the same again, i try to restore the backup from the User Interface and again after start up i get the error 3311 and says that i have a 2up CTP.

I change the Power Supply unit and also a CPU board with the backplane to see if i can correct this...i ge t a bunch of errors when i start because the CPU board was from 74 Prosetter, and i get a 4up in the CTP user Interface, so i restore the backup from the 102 ctp that i have i change the type machine, and again all back, i get the error 3311 and the CTP User interface says that i have a 2 up CTP.

I make low format to the NVram of the CPU and I write the type machine again, and always get back to 2UP.

I can see some parameters when i start the CTP int he hypertherminal window that i don't know if we have do something withe problem..where says:

rebootMachine: --> halTestSafe_Off
rebootMachine: --> safeReboot
locking file acces

if anybody have some idea about this problem please let me know...i upload a picture about the hypertherminal windows.

Thanks..

Attachments

• error2UP.jpg
    error2UP.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 249
Hi, do u have the original backup file which was store at the diskette?
Pls try restore that file to the Prosetter.

HI,

Did u enter the machine type to 820, system configuration to 5, system configuration Ext to 0.

Pls update the status.

Yes...

I do this from the hypertherminal to the CPU board and from User Interface to..

The estrange is that when i change something in one PID or parameter in the CPU board..

I see that the Machine restarts more that once time....the CTP restart 3 times continues, but only when modified a PID or change some configuration..

I believe that restart more time because refuse the changes or new parameters..

for example... if i change PID Machine Type from 200 to 820 and press apply. the user interface says need reboot..
then the ctp reboot i can see that the machine type change from 200 to 820, but again reboot the ctp and change to 200.

I believe that the CPU is damage....but already change 3 times and test the cpu in another CTP without a problem..also the backplane.

thanks

HI,

Did u enter the machine type to 820, system configuration to 5, system configuration Ext to 0.

Pls update the status.

It may happen after optic head replacement. You need to ask Heidelberg CtP Support for upgrade reference key from 2up to 8up again. This is known problem.

It may happen after optic head replacement. You need to ask Heidelberg CtP Support for upgrade reference key from 2up to 8up again. This is known problem.

You have right, my friend.. after try all options that i have...I ask about the Optic Head that i get, and this head is from a 2up (Prosetter 52 CTP).

And that's is the reason that the machine start up as 2up and not 8up. The 52 Optic Head is blocked like you say and download some files to the CPU Board and change type machine from 8up to 2up and you need a code to unlock the optic head.

The big problem about this..
Is that one time that you restart the CTP as 2up and you change the Optic Head for another one, the CPU writes the new Optic Head and blocked to.

I solve this, removing the Optic Head and change type machine to 8up, restarts the CTP with out Optic Head and put in DIAG MODE the CTP, after see that the CTP goes as 8up i shutdown and put the new Optic Head, that way the CPU board does writes or block the new Optic Head.

So now i have two optic head blocked...any idea how can unblock this... I don't believe that Heidelberg give me this codes for free..

Thanks to all for you support and help about this...I have my CTP online now.

Reactions: Rod
You have right, my friend.. after try all options that i have...I ask about the Optic Head that i get, and this head is from a 2up (Prosetter 52 CTP).

And that's is the reason that the machine start up as 2up and not 8up. The 52 Optic Head is blocked like you say and download some files to the CPU Board and change type machine from 8up to 2up and you need a code to unlock the optic head.

The big problem about this..
Is that one time that you restart the CTP as 2up and you change the Optic Head for another one, the CPU writes the new Optic Head and blocked to.

I solve this, removing the Optic Head and change type machine to 8up, restarts the CTP with out Optic Head and put in DIAG MODE the CTP, after see that the CTP goes as 8up i shutdown and put the new Optic Head, that way the CPU board does writes or block the new Optic Head.

So now i have two optic head blocked...any idea how can unblock this... I don't believe that Heidelberg give me this codes for free..

Thanks to all for you support and help about this...I have my CTP online now.

Hello sistecopy i apologize for ask about this old problem. But I did not stay clear . Heidelberg gave you upgrade key reference ? and only you entered ? or do I need to follow the steps described above ? I hope you can help me because this issue cant let me work. Thanks in advance

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back