PT-R 8600 problem

gsherrold

Hello everyone,

I have a problem with a head driver board from my platerite.
Does anyone know where I can find a refurbished & used one?

Thanks.

I have driver boards for the 8000/4000 series, but the 8600 just has 2 large driver boards, 32 channels each. It looks expensive. Are we sure that's the problem?
It will be hard to find one of these used, unless an 8600 was damaged in shipping and scrapped for parts, which would be rare.

Hi,
Try checking the cables before you suspect the boards. It is very rare to have defective board.
They are really expensive :(

What is the error message yo have?

Regards!

I agree with Ansoft, cables are 20x's more likely the problem than the expensive board.
I've never had to change one, but they do make them replaceable for a reason I guess.
Hope you didn't win that 'unfortunate lottery'!

Hello, friends!

First of all, thanks very much for all the answers.

I've got the following message:
Exd04 - Excessive current in the LD drive (driver 2 board block 2)

As this platesetter has 2 head driver board, I've tried to switch them and see what happens (I've changed the dip switches and jumpers of each one). And the message changed for the same "defective" board:
Exd02 - Excessive current in the LD drive (driver 1 board block 2)

If the problem could be some cables, I don't know which one could be.

Please if anyone has some advice, I will be very thankful

I had the same message when replacing the ld. I forgot to connect the ld and got the same message.
The colleagues are correct about the possibility that the issue is with connectors, etc.
When I bought my 8600, there was soft damaged connector and the ctp produced from time to time thin lines over all plates. It was tricky to find this problem.

Did you physically swap the boards, or just the ID dip switch identifiers?
If not, it could be a bad LD or even dirty optics.
Even on 32 channel heads a dirty optical path will increase the current and lead to
high current errors and high Iop numbers.
How are the Iop/Iopd numbers on your machine?

I physically swaped the boards, and the message turns to the same board. (As you could note in the error messages, the "defective" board switched from 2 to 1)

I couldn't calibrate the laser diodes, so the Iop values aren't accurated.
But if I go the Iop values screen (last successful measure), they seem to be OK.

Try to clean up the connectors and try again. Switch off and on every one LD connector. Clean the optics and check VP41 (M41). Switch off the pump M41 and try again. If these does not help you, try to find another board just for the check. After this, you must buy another board. Do you remember something wrong with the power supply?
Regards!

ptr 8600 s
i swap the boards and error change from card 2 to 1

Attachments

• IMG_20200227_191456.jpg
    IMG_20200227_191456.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 855

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back