PVC sheet getting thinner after screen printing??

Mandy

Is it possible that a 1mm PVC sheet will get compressed and thinner (0.1mm) after running several times through a screen printing machine? Anyone experianced on this, is it even possible?

Thanks for your posts in advance :D

Do your printing inks contain any aromatic Hydrocarbons, cyclic ethers and ketones,

Any one or all three could form a part of your printing inks which would dissolve some of the PVC substrate (Depending on %)

The ink is a very regular UV ink that is commonly used. Its specifically recommended for PVC and similar plastic use.

All the prints where perfectly in scale and all, but the thickens of the sheets was thinner then expected. Since we did not measure before and after, we just where wondering if the sheet can get compressed after going like 10 times under high pressure through the printing process OR if the sheet was thinner to begin with.

And since we have printed all sheets we can not find it out, so I was wondering if its a common known effect or not.
If that effect would be known, then we could next time just start with a thicker material.

Thanks for your sharing your experience :)

Lights

Lights

I cant give you the math but I would say the UV lights are causing the PVC to shrink, or cure.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back