QM 46/2 image ghosting

RGPW17100

I have noticed a ghosting problem on the main unit of my quick master. I am guessing it is a latent image from one of my rollers but am unable to find anything wrong with my stripes. Form rollers are only about 6 months old and the transfers and ductor are about 2 years old. The symptom on my current job is a branch from a tree is showing up in a solid on the lower part of the sheet.

I am stiff fighting this. I installed a new water form on this press about 3 months ago which is a Heidelberg roller. We had a local company totally botch re core of the forms so I ordered new form rollers from Syntac about 3 months ago and have never used these rollers and am now wondering if they were so cheap for this reason. ($93 for the yellow and the blue form). I have two other new ones from syntac that I was going to install in unit 2 but will try and swap them out first to see any improvemnents. Anybody use Syntac on their Quick master or Print master?

You're not alone,

You're not alone,

I rather selfishly had hoped someone could have shed some light on this. I have a QM46 & a PM46 that ghost on certain jobs, both have new Bottcher rollers fitted by a reputable engineer.

I’ve had the PM46 for about 8 years and it was never like this until a year ago, I've checked our file copies. I am at a loss as to what I’m missing & so are the people that have looked at the machines.

I’m going to call out someone who’s been recommended in the new year, so here’s hoping.

I am a tech. on the Quickmasters since they first came out and worked for Heidelberg for 23 years. I can tell you that i never use Syntac rollers and i always tell my customers up front that i will put them in and stripe them up, but i give no guarentee on the performance. Always use Bottcher rollers, they work and they last long. They are more expensive than Syntac rollers for a reason. As far as a the ghosting issue is concerned, make sure the rollers are adjusted right and be sure there are no bad bearings on the 3rd transfer roller or water system. There are other things that can cause this, but i would make sure of them first.

I found the ocillator to form on the roller (was red now black) near the blanket cleaner was not making a stripe. I fixed this and my ghosting went away. Dont know the roller number but it is the lowest in unit 1. The company I work for is in love with a local roller company that does rollers cheaper then bottcher but their quality sucks. I had rollers done by this company and they slammed into the plate clamps. My company will not buy bottcher so I tried syntac. I cant give an honest answer on how good these rollers are but it is nice to get all three rollers around 3 mill instead on on being 8 mill and not being able to stripe the others. Bottcher can not give me some rollers due to my SN and I have to get only cores. Mainly the water form but also other rollers in the damp system

I fitted new bearings to the 3rd form, although I could not detect anything wrong. Problem solved, thanks quickmaster60.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back