QM46/2 3/2 valve keeps getting dirty

RGPW17100

I have had an ongoing issue with this press for over 5 years. The 3/2 vacuum valve gets dirty after about 10000 impressions and I have to take it apart and clean it with a rag then re grease. The worst stock for this is 60 lb grain short. There is black residue around the rubber gaskets. After cleaning it runs great. I replaced the 3/2 valve years ago and had no effect. The other thing I notice is the air compressor under the feed table the filters never get dirty. Never had an issue with powder on the vacuum side. Vanes are the original from 12 years ago.

Also as long as I am asking I took the filter covers off of the compressor for the sprayer and noticed there are no filters in it. I have no idea if they were ever in there. I have only been running the press for 5 years. The previous operator is long gone. Not sure if the compressor was designed this way or the previous operator removed them. This press had a built in IR drier system which was junk. The compressor also was used to cool this down but I removed the IR Drier cause it was severely rusted and the bulbs were broken.

The only place the 3/2 way valve can get dirty is from the sucker bar. Most common reason is a dull knife on trimmed stock. When you clean and grease, you shoul be using a silicone grease and very little of it. You should be hardly able to tell if you put any on the piston rings or not.
Stan 720-285-9485 ipsqm46.com

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back