QM46/2 losing air pressure

RGPW17100

This has been ongoing for the last year but has gotten much worse in the last month. Usually I notice it when I try to scew the unit two plate and I hear a hiss and I lose all my air pressure (guage drops to zero) I have to close the piston that allows me to scew the plate and wait for the pressure to go back up. If I don't notice the air drop (near feeder of our SM52 and it is loud so I cant hear the air on my press) unit 2 will ink up cause the water roller wont drop till pressure is up. Lately I have notice when I run unit two on start up it will lose air pressure. Could sure use some help as to what solenoid or valve might be doing this.

take off your side frames and listen. I had screws coming out of some of the solenoids. you may just have to buy some and trial and error, but it sounds like you have a large leak. you should be able to find the problem.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back