QM46 plate change

Apphoard

Our QM46 1st unit keeps bending and crushing the plate on plate change when its ejecting. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas of how to fix this problem. Thanks for your help guys!

Please describe your careful observations of what exactly happens during the plate ejection process. Does the plate bump into anything during the plate ejection process? Does the plate come out clean in the non image areas? Is the plate touching the ink form rollers during the plate ejection process?

I have no direct experience with this press, but answers to these questions may help others in resolving your problems.

Al

I don't run the press and havent really watched it. But it comes off so fast I don't think you would be able to see anything. I know the tail is hitting as it ejects.

Try taking a video and playing it back in slow motion.

Perhaps some one who has dealt with this problem before will chime in. Sorry I cant be of more help.

Al

Is the top guard setting flat? Does the top guard bounce during eject?
If you are still having issues, give me a call and I will be happy to give you some suggestions!

Stan, Intermountain Press Service 720-285-9485 ipsqm46.com
PS: I have numerous new & used parts avail for your press.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back