Quality of printing? Poor, good enough or good!

Quality of printing? Poor, good enough or good!

• POOR - like home printer quality!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • GOOD ENOUGH - like office printer quality!

• GOOD - better than office quality!

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • VERY GOOD - like offset quality!

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • EXCELLENT - better than offset quality!

• Total voters

TWinqvist

When I started printing with the Indigo TurboStream in 1998 everybody was telling me that quality will never be the same with offset. I think we have proofed these oppinions wrong! Now what I would like to know, and I think many other who are thinking of having a digitalpress of their own, would also is the quality differences between presses and substrates?

I know that Indigo was good enough on almoust every substrate gloss, matt, textured, transparencies, plastics and even with envelopes. But I don't know how is it now?

Also I know that Océ CPS800 made very good quality on textured substrates, but was very poor with gloss and heavy substrates.

With NexPress M700 I have tested also many different substrates and I have to say that I was surprised, it printed almost everything with very good quality. Specially on metallic coated substrades it worked very good because it doesn't use fuser oil. The down side is the textured substrates some worked and some didn't.

When I'm getting the Meteor DP60 and QPress (B2) in my hands I will tell You more about the printing quality for different substrates.

Please put here Your own experiences with different digitalpresses and what have you printed with it?

:)

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back