Quark pdfs

Okay, I don't believe it is a font management software issue. I just dumped my postscript Helvetica into the System folder with the same results. Everything points back to Quark.

Inside the Quark folder is a Fonts folder - Applications>Quark>Required Components>Fonts. Have you tried clearing that folder out?

Finally got this message from Quark. Not a big help since I no longer have Quark 6.5 on my puter but at least they got back to me.

Dear Pamela,

Thank you for replying back

I apologize for the inconvenience caused.

We are able to replicate the issue and our research and development team is working on this issue

Here is the workaround

•Open the project in any of QuarkXPress 7.x versions and down saved to 6.0
•Open the down saved document in QuarkXPress 6.5
•File > Export layout as PDF> options > Job Options then select the Embed All fonts option then save the PDF
•Now save the document in QuarkXPress 6.5
•Again open it in QuarkXPress 7.2 and create a PDF with default settings
Now fonts are embedded correctly in PDF without any issue

I hope this information proves helpful.

Thank you for your valued interest in Quark products and please write back in case you need any further assistance.

Have a nice day!

Wow, and Quark is trying to sell us version 8.

Aldus Pagemaker was rigid and did not update with the times over 15 years ago and lost the market to Quark. Now its seems that Quark is going in the same direction, but more because of incompetence and bad management.

I guess if that is their recommendation to fix the font problem, you wouldn't want to use those new drop shadows or other transparent features from 7. What are they thinking? That really just seems like they don't care if their product works or not. I am truely disappointed in Quark.

Take a look over on Quarks Forums. Most of the people still using it are doing web work, not printing it would seem. I know I've yet to see any Quark 8 files and only 2 of our customers went for version 7, but they send PDF's.

We are able to replicate the issue and our research and development team is working on this issue

Here is the workaround

•Open the project in any of QuarkXPress 7.x versions and down saved to 6.0
•Open the down saved document in QuarkXPress 6.5
•File > Export layout as PDF> options > Job Options then select the Embed All fonts option then save the PDF
•Now save the document in QuarkXPress 6.5
•Again open it in QuarkXPress 7.2 and create a PDF with default settings
Now fonts are embedded correctly in PDF without any issue

I hope this information proves helpful.

Thank you for your valued interest in Quark products and please write back in case you need any further assistance.

Have a nice day!
Well, I'm glad that's perfectly clear.
Now where did I stash that PageMaker 1.0 floppy??

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back