Quark print/output inconsistent?

Tech

So we received this Quark 7 layout from a UK designer, files opens up perfectly fine in 7.5 and even pass flightcheck... then it absolutely refuses to print to our Xerox 242 with postscript error at the rip. We then tried printing to postscript and run the through Distiller, it failed as well.

The kicker is designer claims the file works perfectly fine on their end and have no printing nor distilling errors. Did I missed something or am I going crazy to think there is something within the file causing error for us but not them? Anyone has similar issue with international Quark file?

Is the file small enough where you can copy all and paste in place into a new doc you create? Try that and see if it prints.

If they pretend having no problems on their side. Why don't you ask them to give you PDF-X made from distiller?

If they pretend having no problems on their side. Why don't you ask them to give you PDF-X made from distiller?

That'll work. Or delete one item at a time, and see which item is producing the .ps error. I'd start by deleting all the text first, that'll tell you if it's a font problem. Good luck.

There is no doubt something is not right with the layout. What is so mess up is the fact if you output in small sections, it prints and distills perfectly fine....

In any case, that's the working solution and I'm not gonna beat my head into it further. As long as it will output correctly, that's all it matter.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back