Quark

Dabob, my point is that one way or another, you need to be able to process the file you get whether you use it's native authoring software, convert it to another file format, or have your customer make a PDF of it. No, I am not fond of QuarkXPress but I had to support it because several customers used it. We can complain and bash Quark all we want but ultimately we're here to serve the customer.

Dabob, my point is that one way or another, you need to be able to process the file you get whether you use it's native authoring software, convert it to another file format, or have your customer make a PDF of it. No, I am not fond of QuarkXPress but I had to support it because several customers used it. We can complain and bash Quark all we want but ultimately we're here to serve the customer.

Prepressdork . . . . I wasn't bashing Quark (but that said, I have absolutely no use for it) - I was only stating a fact, and the fact is years ago my workflow included a significant percentage of quark files . . . but lately I would have to say its statistically 0% I didn't turn the jobs away I made them work using the tools I have which include Quark 8.02 and Q2ID plug in . . . mostly I was commenting on their market share . . . :)

I am a 20 year Quark XPress user going back to v3.

I was the first one to sing it's praises & denigrate InDesign.

Then Quark decided to turn XPress into a, ebook/app maker & betrayed it's print customers with v9 that was riddled w/ annoying bugs.

When Q10 was announced as a major rebuild, I ordered in advance of its release.
I loved the new features!

BUT I soon found out that it was not able to consistently produce printshop usable pdfs.
Since Sept I've installed every upgrade. I've had my productivity severely impacted by time-consuming work arounds. And I've spent many, many hours using online chat & on the phone with customer support.

The priority level of my support ticket was labeled MINOR, and no solution has been offered other than work arounds.

I give up! This is clearly a beta release. This product should be taken off the market until it can be fixed and my money should be refunded.

I am in the process of researching the possibility of a class action lawsuit. There must be many thousands of other ex-users who were also ripped off for $279.20 and had there business income severely impacted. Gather up your documentation & let's band together!

Running mountain lion on one mac with no real problems.
Only issue is some older software doesn't work on it.
I have some g5 macs here so I just reinstalled old software there.

We rarely ever use Quark, stopped using it around V7 and now only use it to open up ancient files if they come for a reorder. We then convert the job to indesign and put Quark back on the shelf. I am running Mavericks (OS 10.9) and Quark 8 opens fine and seems to run normal and stable with the little I have done with it. I would imagine Quark 10 would only be better.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back