QuarkXPress 8 Beats InDesign CS5 in Independent Report

ajr

QuarkXPress 8 Beats InDesign CS5 in Independent Report

An independent report by cross-media publishing experts at IT Enquirer has rated QuarkXPress 8 better than InDesign CS5 for Web authoring and interactive design in nine out of ten different project categories.

You may have seen this in an email from Quark, I thought these apps where designed for print publishing and the majority of their users use them for that!!

A

Received the email from Quark. The headline got my attention but as soon as I started reading the email i lost interest.

I would never design a web page in Quark or InDesign, they are just not the right applications. Quark should try to concentrate on making a decent PDF export before they start exploring other areas they don't understand.

I dont know about "independents" but in real life work I'm seeing probably 1000 to 1 ratio of InDesign to Quark . . .. InDesign seems to be the weapon of choice . . . .

Another Report!

Another Report!

I just read another independent report that Microsoft Publisher beats them both in home inkjet printing! Also, according to this report, it's the number one layout application for WTF Color! A new color standard that bridges the gap between what you see on screen and what actually prints. When you see your results, you can't help but exclaim "Wow! WTF!"

:)

Last edited:
Whats next an "independent report" that shows more CAD operators prefer Adobe Illustrator to Autodesk?

Over the years I've been dumbfounded, quizzical, confused and occasionally down-right angry that when software companies feel any loss of market share, they try to shove in completely unrelated bells and whistles that sound cool to some jerk in the corporate office. Adding "web layout" to software based on print design is goofy at best, completely broken at worst and in the end pointless.

They're trying to figure out what design professionals want by forcing "features" into their software rather than just asking. News flash: We want tools that work for the job they are intended. We don't want word processing software to do gang-ups. Or drawing software to produce video. I don't need my calibrator to make me coffee and I certainly do not need to force print conventions into my web layout tools.

I just read another independent report that Microsoft Publisher beats them both in home inkjet printing! Also, according to this report, it's the number one layout application for WTF Color! A new color standard that bridges the gap between what you see on screen and what actually prints. When you see your results, you can't help but exclaim "Wow! WTF!"

:)

Color consistency is my BIGGEST gripe with Quark. Since I've stopped using Quark and use Creative Suite exclusively, I get consistent predictable color, every time.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back