Rampage -DRUPA no show!

stargate

Isn't strange that Agfa, Fuji, Screen, Kodak, EskoArtworks, EFI even smaller companies like Alwan, GMG or CGS had DRUPA presence but Rampage was a no show?

It's a Holy Grail of shows that happens only every 4 years!

Re: Rampage -DRUPA no show!

in no way involved but wonder if Rampage receives a lot of exposure through fuji

I don't know what happens elsewhere in the world but at European shows I believe the task of promoting Rampage is down to Fuji. I didn't get to Drupa this year but I'll be very interested to know how much exposure - if any - Fuji gave to Rampage.

Since its launch, Fuji seem to have thrown much more of their resources into XMF and Rampage looks like a poor relation in comparison now. Of all the Drupa marketing blurb I've read, it's all about XMF and no mention of Rampage anywhere.

On Fuji's UK website, the workflow link is accompanied by an XMF logo. Rampage sits below XMF whereas before it used to sit at the top of the tree, above their old Celebra workflow, and all recent news & articles are about XMF, not Rampage.

I've asked the question of Fuji and up to now it's been firmly denied, but I do believe they won't be selling Rampage for much longer.

Just my take on things.

Hi,

Don't forget, CGS, Alwan, and GMG are all European based companies. Their global market penetration is quite large as well. Rampage is predominantly US based with dealers overseas.

The show floor is pretty quiet today. I think we're all counting down the hours.

Regards,
Greg

Systems Engineer
OneVision, Inc.

Fuji is very close with Screen and Screen has TrueFlow workflow. If TrueFlow is half as good as my Screen made (Fuji re-named Javelin) CTP it would be a great system. Do you think TrueFlow can replace Rampage as Fuji workflow of choice?

How good is TrueFlow?

it's been a long time since I looked at trueflow so not sure how accurate this is.

When we were shopping around, Trueflow was being presented as a solution geared to a smaller shop and didn't have the features and scalability that Rampage offers. So I didn't really consider Trueflow and Rampage to be competitors, just different options based on your requirements.

Fuji is close with Screen for its hardware, not workflow.

Fuji has developed XMF as its primary workflow, this tells you they're moving away from selling a third-party product so I can't see them taking on Trueflow.

Hi Colin,

That may be true for your part of the woods but in the States, Fuji sells Trueflow and Rampage not XMF. Here is a link to an article stating that....perhaps it has changed since then but I have not seen any indication of them doing so.

Does anyone know if Fuji is selling XMF in the States now or staying with Trueflow and Rampage? I also found it interesting that they would not sell their own workflow in the U.S. but perhaps this has changed.

[Fuji|http://members.whattheythink.com/evt/07/od/od07cary2.cfm]

Regards,

Mark Tonkovich
Heidelberg USA

Mark,

I'm not sure if the plan is to sell XMF in the US but IMO I reckon they may well do so.

Despite what Tim Combs says in that article about XMF being developed to replace Celebra (the same has been said over here), unlike Celebra which was only entry-level, XMF is very much a heavyweight, designed to compete with the other vendors' main workflows. I can't see Fuji having a product like that and continuing to sell other vendors' products, not at the high end of the market.

That said, I don't know anything about Fuji's agreements in the US and they may end up prevailing.

I've had it confirmed that Rampage definitely was not on Fuji's stand at Drupa. Make of that what you will!

Colin

Edited by: Colin Gilham on Jun 16, 2008 9:45 AM

Was Rampage on ANY stand on DRUPA?

Did anyone have seen Rampage logo on Drupa?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back