Rampage Remote and pdfs from a JAWS PDF server

Static

We have about 700 customers using Rampage PATHway Submit or Ramage Remote Submit to send us their entire magazines. The system has worked wonderfully except that I am more of Customer support on how to make pdfs now then a prepress operator. :)

Anyway, we started to see issues with pdfs created by the JAWS PDF server. Basically they aren't able to send them to us via Remote Submit. Rampage tech support is excellent and they will figure out a solution very quickly but my question is does anyone know why the JAWS PDF server isn't creating standard pdfs? We had a similar problem before (from a different pdf creator) and it was because the pdfs they were trying to send were not made by the EEE standard thats out there for pdfs so I am assuming it is the same thing. The pdfs themselves go through fine if we manually send into Rampage so its the creator/ producer information that isn't being written for this pdf by JAWS, so Remote doesn't know what do and just says it is invalid or corrupt pdf.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back