Rampage_White Lines In Imposition Files

Gavin

New to the forum.
I'm looking for a solution to white lines in the "spine" of imposition files.
We rip individual pages through Rampage. 1/8" bleeds are included.
Then, imposition work is done through Heidelberg's Signa Station.
After creating a pdf (or even an eps out of Quark) imposition file, and
re-rip that for plates, we often get a white hairline in the "spine" of the
pages. So for example, where pages 1 and 16 meet in the spine. It's
all fine if it's an inside spread that gets covered up, but not when it's
the cover or inside spread.

I'm looking for a solution.

Thanks

Re: Rampage_White Lines In Imposition Files

try ripping the pages single raster (2400). that should take care of your problems.

And to save time, just re-rip the affected pages.

Erik

I never heard of Imposing with Signa and not processing with Meta - interesting.
Are the items that are being divided with a "white space" images or native art blocks.
If you are seeing an white line produced by "image blocks"
make sure the "background" of the image block is set to "None".
Quark defaults to a White photo box background
and the white box traps to the butting art and creates a white line.
(A common Rampage (and others) trapping issue)

MSD

You can safely remove those offending white boxes Quark adds when it flattens the file in Acrobat. I have found a few that were a PITA to do but using a combination of Pit Stop and InDesign to recompose those Quark PDF's, has been my workflow since Quark 7 came out.

I had the same issue at one time and talked to Rampage about it. Unknown to most is the fact you can adjust the accuracy of Preps by changing
a couple of lines in the config file. I can't remember exactly which ones now because its been so long, but give Rampage a call and they can help.

We get these white lines every so often. Generally we get them when rotating items in PREPS. We still have not figured out how to get rid of them. Re- RIP does not also do the trick. Baffles the mind- always on the job that is due tomorrow :)

We have them too coming out of preps. We can just move the page to the gutter by 1/64th and that always seems to fix the issue. We'll have to try the dual rasterization with the profile next time. I also need to give Rampage a call and see about those lines of code.

It does always happen when press is waiting and since you can't see it on the screen, it's always a wasted plate which is a shame.

I have also used the page position workaround that Aimee has used. In addition, I have written some pages as spreads (page 4 and 5 of an 8 pager) and RIPped as a single larger page, this also eliminates the "white lines". I will try to remember the dual rast fix for next time. I am using Preps and Rampage.

I have had that same problem in RAMpage using JDF imposition in Dynastrip. The only solution I've found was turning off Dual-raster and/or pre-rotating the file before ripping it. It's a crapshoot sometimes. I could swear there is someone messing with me when I get this problem.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back