Reading an IT8.7/4 2-page chart with 1638 patches using i1 Profiler

pp411

I need some help reading this chart in i1 Profiler (which I am unfamiliar with besides watching the training videos) using an i1i0. The chart I have is split into two pages, and already printed. When I select the IT8.7/4 chart from the list, it says it is only 1617 patches, however the printed charts list a total of 1638 patches.

Where did the chart originate from?

i1Profiler, or an old package such as ProfileMaker or Monaco Profiler etc?

You will probably need the chart reference text file containing the info for the 1638 patches.

Stephen Marsh

The top of the chart reads "IT8.7-4 CMYK i1_i0 PM 5.0.7" Size: 27.9 x 16.3 cm, complete patch amount: 1638. Does the "PM" mean ProfileMaker? At the bottom of the chart it reads GreytagMacbeth 2005.

I'm hopeful I found the right .txt file. I ended up downloading a trial of ProfileMaker (which I'm surprised I could still do), and grabbing the reference text file out of the printer EyeOne_i0 folder. This has the correct number of patches. I'll have to verify when I get back to the office.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back