Recommendation for offshore printing operation

Hairfarm

I'm being asked to look at buying a printing press in India or Costa Rica and then set up a printing operation there.

We print roughly 20 titles. It's all CMYK, 133 line, 8 x 10 7/8th, saddle and perfect bound magazine printing. Basically, we print titles like "Street Trucks" "Gun World" "Muscle Car Power" etc. They are roughly 100 pages with 30-40% ads in them. We will print roughly 40k to 60k magazines per issue, per month. We have about 13 monthly and 7 bimonthly magazines that print each month.

So, does this printer look like it could handle all of our workload as mentioned above? This printer seems a bit dated too. Is there any reason I should steer clear of this printer? I was thinking more of Heidelberg M-130 5 unit for this kind of workload.

KOMORI HEATSET WEB OFFSET SYSTEM - 35 & 18 - 546 CUT -OFF For Sale, Used KOMORI HEATSET WEB OFFSET SYSTEM - 35 & 18 - 546 CUT -OFF ,Surplus KOMORI HEATSET WEB OFFSET SYSTEM - 35 & 18 - 546 CUT -OFF Search the classified ads below

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Also, What does the "CUT-OFF" refer to in the printer spec?

Hairfarm

the cut off is the term used for where a web press cuts the web into sheets after the printing units before the folder. usually 22.75" or something close to that.

why are you interested in those places? haven't you thought about Guatemala or El salvador cheaper and with ISO or Gracol Cert.

Hairfarm

Why don't you first start printing a few titles from India and then buy or set up a new printing press

BharatK

why are you interested in those places? haven't you thought about Guatemala or El salvador cheaper and with ISO or Gracol Cert.

We are a US company looking buy our own commercial printing press or outsource in India or anywhere in Central America except for Columbia. Do you have any contacts or info for printing in El Salvador or Guatamala? We would be interested in those locations as well.

thanks,

Hairfarm

Printing Source in Mexico

Printing Source in Mexico

Please give me a call, we have facilities in bothe Mexico and the United States, we are a publication house that specializes in Heatset, UV, and Newsprint Web printing.

Would look forward to providing you with pricing on all your projects.

Regards,

Charles Armendariz

Paso Del Norte Publishing
pp. 915-630-8702

An advantage we have is the ability to manufacture in the United States and Mexico. Perhaps we could assist from our current location?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back