Recommendations for corner stapling machine?

tngcas

Existing Process: We currently print 8.5in x 11in jobs 2-up and cut down to the 8.5in x 11in size and then run them through our Xerox j75 machine for 3-hole punching or corner stapling. Running them through the bypass tray doesn't cost us any clicks - just the time to walk-in and put another small stack in every few minutes.

Problem: The j75 is going back at the end of the lease and our two Versant 2100s do a massively bad job on corner stapling/3-hole punching (at least 20% of any job gets miss-punched or misses pages in a stapled set). They've tried to fix it and haven't been able to do it so we just don't try to do corner stapling or 3-hole punching on them. When the j75 goes away we will need something that can reliably corner staple larger documents (between 20 sheets and 50 sheets).

Solution? I know you can do corner stapling on offline booklet makers but we aren't really wanting to shell out 10k to 30k for a machine just for that purpose and we don't really have the room/need for a standalone booklet maker yet.

My internet searches for something that you can set a stack of preprinted documents into and have it corner staple a specific number of sheets are coming up blank. Does anyone have recommendations on a machine that does just that?

We’d have to hand feed each set. We already have multiple staplers that can be used in this fashion. Looking for something where you can set the stack in, select the number of sheets and have it feed staple and spit it out and then do the same with the next set.

Idk why I assumed this would be a thing easily found. 🧐

Existing Process: We currently print 8.5in x 11in jobs 2-up and cut down to the 8.5in x 11in size and then run them through our Xerox j75 machine for 3-hole punching or corner stapling. Running them through the bypass tray doesn't cost us any clicks - just the time to walk-in and put another small stack in every few minutes.

Problem: The j75 is going back at the end of the lease and our two Versant 2100s do a massively bad job on corner stapling/3-hole punching (at least 20% of any job gets miss-punched or misses pages in a stapled set). They've tried to fix it and haven't been able to do it so we just don't try to do corner stapling or 3-hole punching on them. When the j75 goes away we will need something that can reliably corner staple larger documents (between 20 sheets and 50 sheets).

Solution? I know you can do corner stapling on offline booklet makers but we aren't really wanting to shell out 10k to 30k for a machine just for that purpose and we don't really have the room/need for a standalone booklet maker yet.

My internet searches for something that you can set a stack of preprinted documents into and have it corner staple a specific number of sheets are coming up blank. Does anyone have recommendations on a machine that does just that?
Are you looking for a printer replacement with that feature?
Canon Titan (Oce) 6180.. (Or other speed) has a very good finisher/stapler 50 sheet, can be configured to 100 sheets I think.(I've not tried 100). Use PrismaPrepare to send job. For Preprinted, just program sheets as "inserts" no click charge. I've had very few problems with it. (I've never used any inline punch.)

Do you need at least one printed page or can you program a job that is ALL insert pages and stapling?
This original thread is from 2021 when we still had Xerox equipment. We've switched over to Canon equipment since then and we use fiery (not prisma).
If you create a blank page in impose you can use either the inserter or the main trays to corner staple. No click charges if it's blank (again, you have to create a blank page using fiery not just drop in a blank pdf file). You can program a job that is all insert pages. It's great because it bypasses the fuser and you're way less likely to get a jam or messed up job from a sheet getting stuck in the main engine.

We use this function ALL the time to punch 5.5 x 8.5in coil bound books that we print 4-up. We can cut them to 8.5in x 11in and run them back through the inserter which will double-punch them for us and then we just have to cut the punched books down to 5.5in x 8.5in.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back