Recommendations: Wide Format Rip or Layout Software?

WreckTangle

At home I have a HP Wide Format (T790ps) and all I really can find to use is HP Click (which is a joke). If I want to do any multi-layups I have to do it in InDesign and then export as a PDF. It's brutal having previously come from a shop with wide format rip software.

I've been doing some research on various programs, but everything I am finding is way too expensive for personal use. Can anyone recommend a program that is reasonably priced?

DYP

Explain what you mean by reasonably priced?

Does the T790ps use a os level printer driver? If so what OS?

jwheeler

At home I have a HP Wide Format (T790ps) and all I really can find to use is HP Click (which is a joke).
HP Click is a free software that works with any HP Wide Format, so it's not meant to have too many bells and whistles. HP offers a more advanced job submission software called SmartStream. It allows for nesting of multiple jobs among other things. Check it out here: HP SmartStream software | HP® Official Site

FireSprint.com

What are you using for your cutter? Chances are, whoever makes your cutter has a plugin or a tool you may be able to use for this. You could also look into something like Flexi.

e-Book: Steps to a More Profitable Workflow

smartsoft cover
Key Steps To Making Your Workflow Profitable
The most profitable print shops remain agile and respond to their customers’ demands while keeping inventory levels at a minimum, decreasing the amount of time from order to delivery and making it easy to do business with. Read the Post