Recommended 12 station collator?

dagoof

Hi all,

I'm looking for a SRA3 12 station collator, likely be handling coated digitally printed stock - don't have a big budget though, so will be scraping around the used market! Would the Horizon AC1200 do the job (friction fed)? Any machines I should look at/avoid?

Thanks

Hi all,

I'm looking for a SRA3 12 station collator, likely be handling coated digitally printed stock - don't have a big budget though, so will be scraping around the used market! Would the Horizon AC1200 do the job (friction fed)? Any machines I should look at/avoid?

Thanks

You are better off finding a heavy duty collator-- not a tower collator. A heavy duty, floor model collator will last you for decades. You can see some here: Reconditioning Process

TY

David Spiel
[email protected]

Hi David,

Thanks, unfortunately I don't have the room (or likely budget) for a floor model like that!

Spoke to someone regarding the work it's required for and they reckoned a suction tower model should do the job?

Spoke to someone regarding the work it's required for and they reckoned a suction tower model should do the job?

Yep, I think you are going to need a suction feed collator for the stock you mentioned. Tower models will work fine with typical paper stocks.

Since you already mentioned Horizon, the VAC-1000 and VAC-600 series are solid machines.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back