Reduce Esko PDF size

Skinflint

I need to export pdf proofs of the ESKO pdf. Problem is I can get them small enough. WHat helps to reduce the size?

Export the file as a .ps and then use distiller to generate the pdf file.
It helps also if all your fonts are live and have not been outlined.
We do that when we have bloat issues and it works great.

Are you asking about normalizing multiple pdfs to one?
or exporting multiple pdfs to a single pdf?

If you had a folder you could export there are a couple of things you can do.
1) Callas pdfToolbox Server can merge the PDF's together and then optimize the combined file.
2) Apago PDF Enhancer can merge the PDF's and optimize the combined file.

Both are great ways to do it. PDF Enhancer is the big brother to Apago's PDF Shrink which is an invaluable tool.

Let me know if you want me to make a few samples.

Exporting to a single..
You may need to contact Esko and see, but, I don't think you can (it's probably just me, I don't see anything in Pilot for that purpose).
We just usually merge them together in Acrobat (we don't do that many multi pdf exports that need to be merged).

sorry

You can export your imposition out as a one up multipage pdf file.

Also, when we export out our pdf files we usually get a pretty small file, just using the jpeg standard compression setting.

Dave.. how about automating the combining of multiple page pdf's to a single file?
Any tips?

At what stage do you want to do this.. This can be done, but you need to draw out what your wanting your workflow to do... There are more then one way to skin this cat.

If you had a folder you could export there are a couple of things you can do.
1) Callas pdfToolbox Server can merge the PDF's together and then optimize the combined file.
2) Apago PDF Enhancer can merge the PDF's and optimize the combined file.

Both are great ways to do it. PDF Enhancer is the big brother to Apago's PDF Shrink which is an invaluable tool.

Let me know if you want me to make a few samples.

I would stay away from Apago.. They have not updated their software in about 2 years.
They keep saying they are going to release 3.5 but has been that way since Feb '09

Callas pdfToolbox Server..... Not very good at optimizing files. They may be able to do other things well but just to do this is would be a hard pill to sell.

Acrobat very own Optimizer thats built in does a great job and it's free. granted it's not a server solution..

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back