Regarding offline UV coaters for digital output

maynardsayswhat

Hey o!

I'm looking for opinions, anecdotes, tales, etc regarding using an offline UV coater for digital outputs. Namely the KM c6500 and the TEC Lighting Xtra Coat Mini.

My new job is at a vertical market printer (auto-industry) who is trying to slowly move more services in-house rather than going to our regular vendors. One service in particular is small format, short-run, full color projects (business/post cards, flyers, etc). We're doing well with the digital output from the Konica but without a coater available we still need to vendor out many projects.

Now, short of a super-b 4-color offset (someday!), we're hoping to move the coated projects in house with a stand alone coater. Our bindery supplier suggested the TEC Xtra Coat Mini but I'm having trouble finding end-user information about the machine for comparison. Hence, I turn to you PrintPlanet community!

Any advice greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.

We recently got the Teclighting 18" coater with the feeder and so far have been very happy with it. It is very easy to set up and operate. FYI, everything we print is on a Canon 7000VP.

We have a graphic wizard offline coater and KM printer. We were told that it would work with KM if we used a "special" coating, but we have had it for a month now and the coating flakes right off not matter how slow we run it. We are even having trouble with the stuff off our xerox! graphic wizard is ok for offset but not digital, from my experience. I have heard after buying ours that Tec has an exclusive contract with KM regarding coating compatibility.

Thanks for the replies!

We've just sent off some sample prints to test with the TEC on a variety of stocks to a friendly printer with a unit installed. I'll update for future reference when the samples come back.

Cheers!

Hey o!

I'm looking for opinions, anecdotes, tales, etc regarding using an offline UV coater for digital outputs. Namely the KM c6500 and the TEC Lighting Xtra Coat Mini.

My new job is at a vertical market printer (auto-industry) who is trying to slowly move more services in-house rather than going to our regular vendors. One service in particular is small format, short-run, full color projects (Business Birthday Cards/post cards, flyers, etc). We're doing well with the digital output from the Konica but without a coater available we still need to vendor out many projects.

Now, short of a super-b 4-color offset (someday!), we're hoping to move the coated projects in house with a stand alone coater. Our bindery supplier suggested the TEC Xtra Coat Mini but I'm having trouble finding end-user information about the machine for comparison. Hence, I turn to you PrintPlanet community!

Any advice greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.

hi any updates on this one?

What have you come up with???

Konica and Coating

Konica and Coating

Coaters: Many of the coaters are very similar and are imported from China. American coaters have common parts and longer service life. An IR and longer infeed does better with the Konica prints.

Coatings: We custom blend UV and have over 20 years experience and have hundreds of millions of sheets behind us. I made the 1st pound of coating for the first digital machine.
In this changing market the combination of machine , the correct application training and coating is the key. I recently developed a coating for the new Xerox 800 . I have a coating for the KM 6500 it does well.
At Al's Co. UV we will be glad help anytime. Curtis

Coatings and Coaters

Coatings and Coaters

Hello, We are here in LA area and provide custom UV coatings and machines new and used.
No other machine maker has our integrated experience with all aspects of digital coating. We have a coating for the 6500 as well as a new coating for the Xerox 800 in which we outperformed 5 other major suppliers.
I am in San Diego weekly and can stop by. Al's Co UV ,Curtis

Hello, We are here in LA area and provide custom UV coatings and machines new and used.
No other machine maker has our integrated experience with all aspects of digital coating. We have a coating for the 6500 as well as a new coating for the Xerox 800 in which we outperformed 5 other major suppliers.
I am in San Diego weekly and can stop by. Al's Co UV ,Curtis

As a US manufacturer of a small footprint UV Coater we have worked with Al's Co UV and Curtis many times over the years. Al's Co has always been able to help us overcome a customers tricky job or develop a coating for new digital machines that have come onto the market. With just a few samples there really isn't antyhing that we haven't been able to overcome with Cutris' and Al's Co UV's help. If you are looking for a specific coating or need help with anything involving Coatings, Curtis is a great resource!

Count Machinery
Count Machinery Company Countcoat UV Coating Machine

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back