Registration Issues for W&T

lynnz

Hi All,
I posted this before, but maybe was the wrong area. My problem is that whenever a job runs on either Heidelberg or Man Roland and is W&T the registration is off from piece to piece. If they all ran the same direction they were fine. In the folding carton industry we need to nest these cartons and run W&T whenever possible. Is it a press issue or somehow a trapping issue I am overlooking?? Since they run fine in the same direction and there is plenty of trap, I have a hard time believing this is a Graphics Issue. Anyone else experiencing this????
Thanks!!!
Lynn

1. W/T could mean Work/Turn (preserves the gripper), or Work/Tumble (preserves the side guide).

2. You say "the registration is off from piece to piece". Well, prepress operations do not handle the pieces. So this is necessarily a press issue.

3. If the gripper edge is being preserved (Work/Turn), then the second side guide set up is faulty. You are changing side guides, yes?

4. If the side guide is being preserved (Work/Tumble), ALL of the stock must be cut very uniformly to avoid miss alignment from one side of the stock to the other.

Does any of this help?

Al

Registration

Registration

Thanks Al!
I totally agree with you - need to forward your info on to the pressroom supervisor
so he can understand this as well.
Thanks for your input!!!
Lynnz

1. W/T could mean Work/Turn (preserves the gripper), or Work/Tumble (preserves the side guide).

2. You say "the registration is off from piece to piece". Well, prepress operations do not handle the pieces. So this is necessarily a press issue.

3. If the gripper edge is being preserved (Work/Turn), then the second side guide set up is faulty. You are changing side guides, yes?

4. If the side guide is being preserved (Work/Tumble), ALL of the stock must be cut very uniformly to avoid miss alignment from one side of the stock to the other.

Does any of this help?

Al

sounds like some good info, but sounds like it's a case of lazy operators.
if that happened on a regular basis at our plant, i would be fired.

I Agree press issue not necessarily lazy operators as somebody stated . It could be punching the plates crooked or off center.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back