Registration Issues with 100# Cover, Docucolor 260

Johntron

I am trying to run uncoated 12x18 100# cover through the OHCP Tray 6. When I have it set at Heavyweight 3, it shifts the entire image off center by a 16th to an 8th of an inch right to left (when viewing at landscape orientation). It’s almost like the print is starting before enough paper has fed through.

I accidentally tried later with the setting on Plain Paper, of course it jammed, but the image was dead center when I pulled it out of the door.

What can I do to stop this shift that comes with the paper thickness setting?

Also, what, if any, power do I have to adjust for skew? I’m trying to do Manual Duplex and the skew on one long edge is pretty bad.

Thank you for any help!

In Command WorkStation go to:

Server> Align Tray...

Run through the little wizard. (Tip: instead of folding the sheet just use a ruler it's a lot easier)

You will also need to go into the Job Properties and under the Media tab check the box that says Tray Alignment.

This is in CWS 5, but I think it's about the same in 4.*.

Ryan

In Command WorkStation go to:
You will also need to go into the Job Properties and under the Media tab check the box that says Tray Alignment.Ryan

I was doing "Tray Aligning" for months on my DC2060 with Fiery EX2000, the "Check Alignment" showed that all was well but it had no influence whatsoever on my output. Until I discovered the "Tray Alignment" box in the paper source tab of the printer driver:eek:

In my defence we were never given the training we were promised by the local Xerox guys.

Thanks for the tips guys. I think I've worked it out. It needed to be calibrated without Duplex, and if I print Side 1 and flip for side 2 as two separate jobs it stayed "true"

Registration Issues with 100# Cover, Docucolor 260

Johntron. I quit running #100lb UNCoated through our DocuColor 260. It measures over the grammage

rated for the machine. Besides sounding like a tank going through the palmetto bushes.

That's what we had to resort to for our DocuColor Johntron.
Even after exploring that option, we've learned to NEVER expect accurate registration from our DocuColor. It's been demoted to a simplex-only/ press proof printer.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back