Remapping Cyan images to Black in PDF

Remapping Cyan images to Black in PDF

Here is the pdf supplied to me. Give it a shot and let me know how you do.
I have problems with the images on page 4, 28, 30, 36-37, 47-48.

Attachments

• Monrad10_Print_Sample.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 184
I tried that but it changes the screen values of the images so lets say your image has 100 cyan in it, it converts it to 78% black. I need to keep the same screen values as the cyan image but have it print black.

2 things:
1. Neither version of the "Process screens" PDF that selectset converted managed to leave the magenta channel untouched, so I wouldn't consider either a "success"
2. Nexus and Prinergy (mentioned earlier in this thread) are enterprise level RIPS costing over $10K. Probably a lot more. They both very well might do exactly what the OP requested, but are quite an investment if that is ALL you need to do.

I am trying to convert everything that is cyan in a pdf to black but keeping the screen values consistent eg. 80% cyan to 80% black, 45% cyan to 45% black. I downloaded a trial version of pdf toolbox 4 and got the screened backgrounds and type to convert but it does not do the images. Most of the images are indexed CMYK 1 channel but I have a few that are not indexed but are CMYK. Help please. Time is of the essence. Thanks
Sorry if this isn't much help, but I use Pitstop, it has an Enfocus color management tool that lets you choose each piece of the pdf and you tell it to choose everything that has that piece's color and you can change it to whatever values you want or spot colors.
I have found that pictures and logos can be tricky, at least doing it on a PC. If you change a cmyk picture to grayscale using pitstop, it makes it very light, same with logos that aren't vector. So I've had to cut the pictures out and place them separately to make them not turn light when converting from cmyk to grayscale. Logos I've found (working on a pc :mad:) you have to take them out as well and make them vector in order to not lose value when converting from cmyk to grayscale or spot color.
Now on a Mac, it's a much easier story. For some reason Pitstop works more effectively on a Mac, I think. Logos convert to spot colors or grayscale without losing value/density, pictures same thing. Not sure why it's different on a PC... weird..

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back