Resizing PDF or Word Document

AP90

Hey guys, I have a client that wasn't some employee handbooks. They want them to be 5.5x8.5. They have supplied me with the handbook as a word document, formatted as an 8.5x11 page. When I go to change the page to a 5.5x8.5 page, the wording, etc doesn't scale. When I try to resize the PDF in indesign with the fit content to page, the white margins are throwing off the resizing. Any way to do this easily? I know imposition will do it, but all I have is fiery imposition and it won't allow me to resize in the program, or at least I haven't figured it out yet. I know this is probably something simple, but I'm having a major brain fart. Thanks guys.

Do yourself a favor and don't be changing the document layout in Word, unless your customer is willing to pay for the time it takes to reformat the entire document. Just export as a PDF at the size it was created and do your scaling from there. You can always re-fry the PDF by printing to PDF (or file) at 5.5 x 8.5 document size and ensure page scaling is enabled in the print dialog. The reason the margins look different after scaling is because 5.5 x 8.5 is not a proportional reduction of 8.5 x 11.

Thanks for the reply. I was able to find it in Fiery Impo how to rescale to fit. I kept forgetting to define the pdf as user defined and not using document presets. Late nights over the weekend sure do make for frustrating mondays!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back