RESOLVED- Xerox 700i Digital Color Press- Poor print quality

Bala G

This is my first post here. All of a sudden the print quality went bad. The print looks ghostly and faded. No color show up.
Toner is all in OK status.
Attached the print and toner status to this post.
please help in diagnosing this issue.
With Covid issue, I am not getting much help from Xerox and other dealers nearby.

I am unable to upload photos from my phone to this post due to high resolution camera. I’ll upload the photos soon from my desktop

One is the original pdf that we need to print and the other one is the scanned printed copy from my Xerox 700i printer.

Attachments

• Xerox-700i-Digital-color-press-poor-image-quality.pdf
    462 KB · Views: 341
  • PreOpen-2up-Leawood-CB.pdf
    738.6 KB · Views: 242
Hi & welcome.
I'm sure one of the Xerox guys will be along shortly to answer your question.
As an observation though, I recommend you adjust your imposition and trim on all edges, otherwise the image may cause you issues unless your guillotine is perfect to a fraction of an mm.

Thanks @Ynot_UK
Attached is the screenshot of the toner levels

Attachments

• IMG_2705.jpg
    IMG_2705.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 195
  • IMG_2704.jpg
    IMG_2704.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 195
I am also realizing that it is hot and humid here. Any idea on how to get the humidity lower on paper supplies so I can experiment if that is the issue here?

If you have high humidity, you will absolutely get faded prints. I had this exact same issue with a toner-based office copier in my department. The humidity was well over 70% and the culprit was something with the roof AC unit for my department. If you can put in a dehumidifier, that is your best (and likely cheapest) way to help dry out the room.

pd

Last edited:
More like the voltage on the BTR. Humidity affects static and its ability to pull toner onto the sheet or IBT.

You could also try a dehumidifier. Keep the stock you use most often near it also. I ran a 700i for years in a building that had AC only in other parts and had heat and humidity problems, especially with coated stock.

Your issue can also be due to one or more of your developers not producing charge. Theres a metal piece thats supposed to make contact with the circuit in the back. If its bent, then it doesnt make contact and does not run. Also check your toner chutes on the drum trays. If any of them are backed up to the brim, then its definitely your developer.

You could also try a dehumidifier. Keep the stock you use most often near it also. I ran a 700i for years in a building that had AC only in other parts and had heat and humidity problems, especially with coated stock.
Thanks Possumgal. I have a dehumidifier nearby but not next to it. I put the humidistat next to the printer and it shows 38-40% but the print is still fogged.
I will move it closer today and see if that helps.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back