Reviews on Ricoh C751

poppin

Hi there,

My shop is in the midst of getting the 700 replaced. Xerox proposing their flagship J75 and after years with the big 'X', I was toying with the idea of changing my vendor. Saw some reviews (+ & -) about Ricoh's C751. With a very attractive price tag (read faster return of ROI), really got attracted to it.

But before I pen my confirmation, hope that some users of the C751 can provide latest updates of this machine's performance as the last one was done many months back and not sure if those negative issues were resolved.

Your reviews will be very much appreciated.

Poppin

USP's PROC751

USP's PROC751

Hi there,

My shop is in the midst of getting the 700 replaced. Xerox proposing their flagship J75 and after years with the big 'X', I was toying with the idea of changing my vendor. Saw some reviews (+ & -) about Ricoh's C751. With a very attractive price tag (read faster return of ROI), really got attracted to it.

But before I pen my confirmation, hope that some users of the C751 can provide latest updates of this machine's performance as the last one was done many months back and not sure if those negative issues were resolved.

Your reviews will be very much appreciated.

Poppin

Hi Poppin,

The PROC751 is a very good machine with an excellent price/quality ratio. In addition, it will give you a number of extra's the J75 cannot offer you. The ability to print on a sheet size of 65 cm, the ability to print envelopes from the drawers, but the two most important advantages the PROC751 will offer you are:

- outstanding back-to-back registration
- AC/DC convertor; this will enable you to print plain surfaces on so called Specials; laid paper or paper with fine linen texture for example. the convertor will make sure that you have a full coverage of toner.

Kind regards,

Robin van Dijk
Account Manager Ricoh Netherlands

Actually you can print envelopes from the drawers with the J75.

The biggest downside of the Ricoh is poor colour consistency across the short edge of an A3 or SRA3 sheet.

J75 doesnt have banding issues like the Ricoh Pro C751 (unless they have come up with a fix to that) and you can use the SIQA-tool to get excellent color consistency across the sheet with C75/J75. SIQA-tool can also be used for setting up tight back-to-back registration.

papers over 220gsm will slow the Ricoh machine down by 30% as the J75 will rune all paperweights at rated speed 75 ppm. J75 will run auto-duplex jobs up to 300 gsm when ricoh can auto-duplex only up to 256 gsm.

J75 has ASQS (inline-spectrophotometre) for automatic profiling and calibration. That technology saves tons of time and makes the calibration easy to do (---> done more often thus keeping the color consistency accurate)

Overall Ricoh has come a great way from the previous models, but they are still not ready for colour critical customers.

I know this is not my thread and nor is it my attempt to hijack Poppin however on the same note Ive also been wondering what other peoples take on this comparison is, infact a three way comparision i.e. PROC751 vs C/J75 vs C7000.

Its also great when you get a review or some form of input from end users as Sales people and account managers would obviously give a biased opinion, no dig intended Robin aka Tool. Its not to know how end users experiences are with these machines. Ive seen on this forum where certain people for certain reasons are not happy with their machines and they give good reasons why thus Kunnajar, I do like the brief pointers youve mentioned. I myself have had a nightmare with Xerox over the past 5 years. The service has been atrocious and I swore I would never go back however it seems like im being swayed back over due to the J75

Interesting, more thoughts from end users would be great

Thanks, Kunnajar, for the insights into J75.

I have seen the SIQA in works pertaining to registration. Really good but without consistency. I have an acquaintance using it and after about 300 copies of SRA3, registration starts run. Ricoh, on the other hand, claimed that the C751 was worked on during the development stage together with Heidelberg, perfecting the registration on this machine like an offset would.

I read up on J75's rated speed of 75 ppm on all weights, but it is needed to be at production mode. At this mode, not all substrates are suitable. Color don't fuse in too well. Some can be so bad that flakes appear when you fold the stock.

Comments on my last 2 para most welcomed.

Thanks, Kunnajar, for the insights into J75.

I have seen the SIQA in works pertaining to registration. Really good but without consistency. I have an acquaintance using it and after about 300 copies of SRA3, registration starts run. Ricoh, on the other hand, claimed that the C751 was worked on during the development stage together with Heidelberg, perfecting the registration on this machine like an offset would.

I read up on J75's rated speed of 75 ppm on all weights, but it is needed to be at production mode. At this mode, not all substrates are suitable. Color don't fuse in too well. Some can be so bad that flakes appear when you fold the stock.

Comments on my last 2 para most welcomed.

Hi Poppin,

The registration on the C751 is an upgrade of the registration methode we started using on the PROC900, than the PROC901 and now the PROC751. It is a great USP for Ricoh in this market segment. This technology we learned from our take-over of Hitachi Data Printing. So, we already used it before we started working with Heidelberg.

You are right about the colors not fusing well. Especially with non-standard stock.

In the end, you have to feel comfortable with your supplier as well. In the Netherlands we have been quite succesfull as we put in a lot of effort to accomodate our Production Printing customers as much as possible.

I have a C75 and have been running it for a month 100m 8.5x11" impressions on 75-300gsm stock. My registration has held perfectly over that course of time. You just need to have a profile for each stock. The SIQA also corrects inboard/outboard color consistency so you should never have an issue with that as well.

is the km c7000 in the same league as C751 or c75?, esp afaik it lacks registration abilities of either. (imo with the inline spectrometer and faster, the j75 is in the next league ie c901/c8000). but for me the km's are the only machine to print extra long sheets....

there has been no critical info on new canons c5011/c6011?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back