revive old i1Pro

Dario

Hello there,
I've inherited an old i1Pro device and now I'm trying to revive it.
I've already installed i1share_v1.4 on a Win7 PC and now I'm trying to link it but the right driver seems missing.
The auto-update driver feat doesn't work (it IS old!)
Maybe should I link it to an older WinXP?
Any hints?

You should be able to get it to work, I use an i1Pro with Windows 10. Make sure you have it plugged into a powered USB port to start, if it's not powered it ain't gonna work.

You can also try downloading i1Diagnostics to see if that pulls the driver in.

Ok!!
i1Diagnostic says the i1Pro works well - but still I cannot use i1share: it doesn't seem to detect the device.
Any help on this?

Schermata 2020-09-17 alle 13.19.33.jpg

I've found the solution:

i1Share 1.4 will not work with 64-bit systems because the included EyeOne.dll file has not been updated for 64-bit support. This is why the Eye-One device will not be recognized on Windows 64-bit systems (XP, Vista, 7). To work around this issue, close i1Share, disconnect your Eye-One, then download and install Eye-One Match 3.6.2 or i1Diagnostic 2.5.1. Now navigate to the Eye-One Match (C:\Program Files (x86)\GretagMacbeth\i1\Eye-One Match 3) or i1Diagnostics (C:\Program Files (x86)\X-Rite\i1Diagnostics) program folder, copy the EyeOne.dll and replace it in the i1Share program folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\GretagMacbeth\i1\i1Share). Plug in the Eye-One and launch i1Share software. The Eye-One should now be recognized.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back