RGB vs CMYK

dynamicprinter

Wanted to know what you think.
I've been running at DC252 since March, knowing it prints cmyk.
I've been told to leave photographs in rgb that they print better. CMYK does tend to darken from what I've seen.
My question is this do you convert all rgb files to cmyk manually or do you let the rip convert?

if you let rip to convert them (at least on fiery and creo) the images will be more vivid, but also more problems can occur. The cmyk conversion before printing in fact darkens them a bit and "kills" contrasts a bit, but on other hand you get more predictable results.

if you let rip to convert them (at least on fiery and creo) the images will be more vivid, but also more problems can occur. The cmyk conversion before printing in fact darkens them a bit and "kills" contrasts a bit, but on other hand you get more predictable results.

RGB is a larger color space and when you manage color you should leave a file in the largest color space as late in the process as possible. IOW let the RIP correct color. It's quicker and more consistent

When trying to get "good" or "pleasing color" remember clean and bright is always right.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back