Ricoh 5300

I just did learn about this new model in the Pro lineup for Ricoh, looks very interesting: RICOH Pro C5300s/C5310s

Anyone seen one in person yet?
It is pretty similar to the previous model the 5200. They made it so that you can now use the same accessories as the bigger machines and they added a unit to give it the same type of registration as the 7110/7210 when feeding from the vacuum feed lct.

After talking to a tech about the differences I will stick to the 7200's, from what I understand working on them is no where near like working on the 7100/7200 with double doors. After finding out how many screws you have to take out to get stuff done I lost interest.

This does not look like a production unit.....paper path is too short and all hell can break loose. The 9100 and 9200 are decent machines....this is a step back. The registration bit is a croc.

The C5300 is a very good machine. It is a production printer, specifically a "light" production printer. It is not intended to be compared to the C7200 series or the C9200 series machines, which are not only larger but are intended for different markets and needs. It is a versatile, high volume, and high quality printer that is probably the best printer available in its niche.
When I talk to customers about printers I use car analogies, which they better understand. A Mustang is a great car for up to 4 people, but not great for 7 people, and ridiculously horrible for 18 people to try to fit into. But school buses don't drive as nice as the Mustang!

After talking to a tech about the differences I will stick to the 7200's, from what I understand working on them is no where near like working on the 7100/7200 with double doors. After finding out how many screws you have to take out to get stuff done I lost interest.
Yep it's a pain to take apart but they do work pretty good. We mostly have those size machines in ups stores.

i've got two of these machines coming later this year, mostly for in-house repro/legal print tasks. I'll report with my findings when i am familiar with them

Got one too. Got it in 2020 and now it's 2022, with the machine experiencing issues just like all the rest of the Ricoh's I've had here. Not impressed, because service doesn't even know how to fix these issues yet, and they have had two years to figure it out! Jamming, colour smearing on duplexing, registration front to back not very good at all. Doesn't matter whether it's a cover, or a text weight, the issues exist for both. And it seems to hate doing coated stocks, when they have to be duplexed. Some bricking does exist as well, if your not standing beside the machine, look out!
I'll bet the maintenance records are too many to list, because the tech is in here more than 4 times a month, sometimes every other day! They said the machine was so new it will take some time to get to know it. But I really think it was sold on the 'premise' it was a great production machine. In reality, it's been over sold for what it can really accomplish. Just a cheap version of a production machine, but not really one at all. Quite diappointed!

Sounds like I made a good decision not going with the 5300. I love the 7200 so far, many upgrades over the 7100 series.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back