Ricoh 7110 one year on

thebluesdude

Well it was a very rough start indeed but as with most new machines I think we all know in this industry were the testers. I'll give Ricoh their due, not the quickest or even up to Xerox standards but they have stuck with it and turned out a pretty good production machine. We still have our squareness issue but we move the registration plate manually and it registers brilliantly. The clear toner is now nice and strong, colour is consistent and accurate and its won us new markets that didn't like our Xerox shiney oil. However it still doesn't like textured paper even after having special profiles re written for the material that they advertised with. It likes to pause a lot even when the room temperatures are nice and controlled and the white is very weak, more like silver on black paper.
But would I go back to our Xerox now? No chance!!

They are workhorses that is for sure. We noticed our units emit a fine black dust (guessing toner), so we installed an industrial hepa air filtration unit in the same room as our 2 7110's. We noticed our hvac return filters were getting clogged up quicker than usual after these units were installed. Might be because we have 2 units and do quite a bit of b&w but for sure I would recommend installing an air cleaning unit in that room.

They are workhorses that is for sure. We noticed our units emit a fine black dust (guessing toner), so we installed an industrial hepa air filtration unit in the same room as our 2 7110's. We noticed our hvac return filters were getting clogged up quicker than usual after these units were installed. Might be because we have 2 units and do quite a bit of b&w but for sure I would recommend installing an air cleaning unit in that room.

Ask your tech if they have replaced the filters there are a bunch of filters in the back of the machine.

we have had our C7100 for 14 months now, very happy with it, the best thing I can say about it is the consistency of front to back registration across a long run, how many clicks have you done in the first year of owning your machine? we are at 1 million in 14 months, very happy with the machine would rate about 8.5/10, only small bug bear is jams which don't happen very often but when they do the complex path is a pain. I also have to give a thumbs up tot he engineers in our area as we do get looked after well.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back