Ricoh 9200 and Synthetics

ColorMonkey

Okay as mentioned in the other thread I'm trying to get used to this printer and tbh, aside from a couple issues it is a great printer thus far.

However, I have hit a roadblock and that is with Mohawk Synthetic 16mil media. So on the 7110 you have to be familiar with the paper catalog options to dial it in to get great looking results from lead edge to tail but not difficult.

This 9200 though wth! So here is the deal for some reason it will lay down fine but no matter if you use generic synthetic settings, Mohawk Synthetic factory paper catalog entries, or just even glossy coated (yes I tried this) generic setting, the density and color is crap.

I did play with Paper Transfer and it helped but the color is still way out of wack. In fact I thought I was getting it to lay down pretty good and though I would just have FCPS dial everything in but every time the calibration fails.

Need help and possible settings if you guys want to share.

Thanks again

I wish I could help, but we have 7210s. I just got done running a job on 20pt plastic. It looks great, but the static picks up dirt like crazy, making spots in the solids.

I wish I could help, but we have 7210s. I just got done running a job on 20pt plastic. It looks great, but the static picks up dirt like crazy, making spots in the solids.
Run 20 sheets of 70# text 13 x 19" (or whatever size your synthetic sheet it) 1:1 full coverage first to get the best results. It'll remove some of the debris in the paper feeder and also the paper path. You'll want to load them in the machine at the same time to reduce paper dust in the feed area.

Well so yea, I guess I got it a lot "better". I ramped up the paper transfer to 7/10 which helped a lot and was close to what printed on paper. I mean it's synthetic and I am not expecting it to be perfect, but I would like it to be closer to the color it should be printing. At least this would tell me the toners are laying down as they should and then I can fine tune with FCPS to try to get it as close as possible.

I am pretty happy with where I was able to get it to so for now, until I get more jobs and material, I am sticking with those settings.

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back