Ricoh 9200 Operators

ColorMonkey

So wondering if any of you have gone through this before and what ended up fixing the problem.

What happens is shortly after install I began having this issue where the sheet would not exit the finisher. It would stop short of the exit wheels sometimes right when it enter the exit wheels and sometimes an inch or so pat the exit wheels but not fully exit.

So tech came and leveled the finisher and it worked for a while and then say 3 months later all of a sudden we are having the same problem again however now the finisher is level but it still randomly does this same thing. Randomly meaning it would work then randomly not work.

So the error is always the same J606 and J608.

I'm just wondering if this is a common problem or is this just something we are experiencing.

Appreciate any input

Yea so those are the J codes the thing is the finisher is a new model supposedly and only in the new service manual for the 9200 does it list them. So I'm told. But, the two codes relate to I believe the eye on in feed to the unit paper getting to it late and then the other one not exactly sure however relates to the finisher as well.

The finisher is the SR5110

It's really hard when I look in the gap between the fusing and the finishing it appears to go through okay and am starting to wonder if it is actually (the sheet/envelope) somewhere post fusing. Not sure if the sheet drug on something and through it a little out of timing if there is a sensor that would pick that up after fusing. In other words a sesor that would detect the sheet being out of postion from the cooling unit forward.

I say that because it would narrow down where the timing/sheet position is off. If this is the problem.

Dunno shooting in the dark but I have a tech coming today and will try to post the fix here for others once we have it resolved.

Yea so those are the J codes the thing is the finisher is a new model supposedly and only in the new service manual for the 9200 does it list them. So I'm told. But, the two codes relate to I believe the eye on in feed to the unit paper getting to it late and then the other one not exactly sure however relates to the finisher as well.

Thanks that makes sense they added that finisher after the machine had been out a while. I don't even see them in the newest version of the service manual but I will keep looking. I gotta find it!

Okay so a couple thing here.

Apparently this particular finisher has been out for a while however it was only usually found on the 8300 series units and on the 7200s. Just recently have they started being paired with the 9200s. So, here's the thing even though you are being told the J codes are in the new sm, they are not. What to do? The finisher along with its J codes can be referenced in the 7200 sm for sure and possibly in the 8300 sm.

Another thing that techs can appreciate is when jams would occur in the finishing unit generally it would through basically the same codes I listed above which turns out each code respectively is a jam in the upper or low delivery, and that's it. BUT, there is a firmware update just recently for the finisher relating to the 9200 which allows more J codes so that should help when you have an operator tries to relay a proper J code to you.

So what was the problem, if you remember I mentioned a few of the envelope jams had been punched. Well when we looked at the board in the backside housing of the finishing unit one of the harness clips was not securely attached to the board. So that led to making sure everything was attached securely.

Fired it back up and it work!!

Hope that gives a little bit of insight if you are confronted with a similar problem.

Okay so a couple thing here.

Apparently this particular finisher has been out for a while however it was only usually found on the 8300 series units and on the 7200s. Just recently have they started being paired with the 9200s. So, here's the thing even though you are being told the J codes are in the new sm, they are not. What to do? The finisher along with its J codes can be referenced in the 7200 sm for sure and possibly in the 8300 sm.

Another thing that techs can appreciate is when jams would occur in the finishing unit generally it would through basically the same codes I listed above which turns out each code respectively is a jam in the upper or low delivery, and that's it. BUT, there is a firmware update just recently for the finisher relating to the 9200 which allows more J codes so that should help when you have an operator tries to relay a proper J code to you.

So what was the problem, if you remember I mentioned a few of the envelope jams had been punched. Well when we looked at the board in the backside housing of the finishing unit one of the harness clips was not securely attached to the board. So that led to making sure everything was attached securely.

Fired it back up and it work!!

Hope that gives a little bit of insight if you are confronted with a similar problem.
Thanks for the info!

Hopefully your tech knows about the mandatory firmware updates required to make the C9200 recognize the new model finisher correctly. All three pieces of the printer need to be updated, the ACD computer, the Smart Operation Panel, and the printer itself.

So kinda funny you mention the firmware. He was actually surprised that on install the machine already had all the latest firmware installed which I guess is not a common thing to find upon install, dunno. However, the issue was definitely the plug as mentioned but even so, three months after install, there were a slew of updates already and he mentioned that he wasn't surprised that on release the 9200 had updates rolling out weekly if not daily in some cases.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back