Ricoh 9210 print quality

DigiRod

Folks,
looking for some help with a print quality issue on gloss and silk stocks. In my solids or builds I start getting a mottling issue. I've attached a picture for reference.
Ricoh says to lower the temp of the fuser, that its pulling the coating off the sheet and relaying it down. I have tried different things but haven't had any luck.

Attachments

• 20231208_162604.jpg
    20231208_162604.jpg
    621.2 KB · Views: 156
I have a 7210 but I am assuming you have similar settings.

Try

1. Decrease or increase the speed.

2. Increase or decrease the paper transfer setting

also a 7210 user had similar issues - if its a custom defined paper try using the manual entry. I had some paper settings get corrupt and the tech couldn't explain why. With the screen showing the same catalog settings as a manually defined stock I went from crappy prints to perfect prints.

Folks,
looking for some help with a print quality issue on gloss and silk stocks. In my solids or builds I start getting a mottling issue. I've attached a picture for reference.
Ricoh says to lower the temp of the fuser, that its pulling the coating off the sheet and relaying it down. I have tried different things but haven't had any luck.
Try using different substrate settings like Textured, gloss, etc. That might help to start with. If you have the media scanner for your Fiery thens start from there, it will most likely find the closest match from the built in paper library to go off of. Agreed with the suggestions above on temperature settings.

Busy holiday season.... Thanks for all of your suggestions. I will keep these in mind for my 9210. We're waiting on our 9500 to come in very soon....can't wait!!!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back