Ricoh C7110 Scratching coated stock

We get scratches in simplex and duplex they are worse on duplex but they are there regardless. When you say you lowered the temperature do you mean the room temperature or fusing temperature ?

Hi, we lowered the fuser temperature. There was one tech that told lowering would help, we tried it and it was beter but still not 100%.

Take away the finisher or open the engine door during printing so you get one that not yet through the finisher and I'll bet you will see those scratches disappear! These are finisher marks.

We have tried that and still see the scratches, our tech is now on board that this is a problem and believes it is the plate after the fusing unit. He's ordered the parts so I will update as soon as it has been looked at.

Try stopping the machine right after the paper leaves the fuser and has preferably left the cooling unit. It could help to narrow it down. Once, it helped to just replace the fuser but that was on a C651.

So I don't know if this is the problem because I think you said you swapped out the fuser and get the same results so that is a bit concerning however, FOR SURE try to run short-grain at those weights to help eliminate scratching in general. I was having the same problem on one of my fusers and it came down to the anti-static mylar or tape on the fuser. Took me forever to figure this out and cleaned everything and still would appear. The thing is I DID notice slight burrs but thought nah that's not it until I got feed up with it especially on metallic/foil stock.

I am just suggesting this and its up to you if you want to try it. Here is a picture of where I'm talking. You will notice the anti-static tape on your as oppose to where I removed it. I have not had any problem with this being removed. If you don't feel any "slight" burrs it may not be this but again had the same problem and this fixed it.

Attachments

• photo7305.jpg
    photo7305.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 258
Just went through a similar experience and they ended up replacing everything... One of the developer units was the culprit we think, but it took a week or so to get there. Ricoh techs are slim pickins now and we're not thrilled about the service. They need more people.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back