Ricoh?? Printer that punches and coil binds?!@?...

CanarcticPress

Ive heard of a new ricoh printer that will coil bind!?? This is fantastic news, however I cant seem to find a link... Could you please help me out! (I heard a rumor that there offering to pay Xerox Clients money to put there machines in??).. And If anyone has any deets on this machine I would appreciate some info, how the machine runs, whats the colors like, does it fault often? Thanks Y'all .. Happy Printing!

RB5000 Specs

RB5000 Specs

Ive heard of a new ricoh printer that will coil bind!?? This is fantastic news, however I cant seem to find a link... Could you please help me out! (I heard a rumor that there offering to pay Xerox Clients money to put there machines in??).. And If anyone has any deets on this machine I would appreciate some info, how the machine runs, whats the colors like, does it fault often? Thanks Y'all .. Happy Printing!

Hello,

You didn't say which printer you were interested in. The RB5000 ring binding system is available for most of Ricoh's monochrome and color production printers. I have attached a specifications sheet on it from the user guide for you. It's not a true coil bind but a plastic ring bind that can be clicked open, similar to GBC's ProClick system, but inline vs. offline.

Attachments

• Ring_Binder_RB5000_specs.pdf
    24.3 KB · Views: 246
I haven't heard of a online coil binder from Ricoh either. Like [email protected] said the ring binder will punch and install clip on rings that are similar to a GBC binder. You can also get a GBC stream punch that would punch the holes for the coils but not install them.

don't know about Ricoh, but Xerox now has the GBC eBinder 200 inline available for color and b&w machines.

It punches and binds inline.

Attachments

• GBC_eBinder solution brief.pdf
    249 KB · Views: 270
It was just word of mouth that I heard about this printer.. I was inquiring about the coil binding printers, and specifically ricoh, but I had no idea what the printer was called.. (The reason for my post.) But thanks for the links. I will definitely look more into it. 3 years in the digital print business all self taught and being up in the north I don't get to see many machines or talk to any other digital printers. Thank you for your help

Last edited:
don't know about Ricoh, but Xerox now has the GBC eBinder 200 inline available for color and b&w machines.

It punches and binds inline.

So does that insert a coil binding ? The Ricoh ring binder will create a "lay flat wrap around" booklet but it's not a coil. Since it's from GBC I bet it's the same binding the Ricoh coil binder uses.

Last edited:
So does that insert a coil binding ? The Ricoh ring binder will create a "lay flat wrap around" booklet but it's not a coil. Since it's from GBC I bet it's the same binding the Ricoh coil binder uses.

it's probably similar if not the same. I'm not aware of the Ricoh module, but the GBC module that attaches to the Xerox machines sounds similar to what you are describing. It uses an "elliptical comb element".

attached is a picture of the output

Attachments

• GBC eBinder 200 sample_Page_2.jpg
    GBC eBinder 200 sample_Page_2.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 213

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back