RIP Data Transform

Stiv

Are you using it?
Any useful tips or info you want to pass along?

I had a job go bad and RDT was suggested as a way to solve the issue. There isn't much info in the manual.

Thanks.

Are you using it?
Any useful tips or info you want to pass along?

I had a job go bad and RDT was suggested as a way to solve the issue. There isn't much info in the manual.

Thanks.

Why don't you call Rampage support, they help you out with this.

What exactly went wrong with your page or imposed file? I have only used it to assign Inkdrop profiles to existing imposed files.

I use it to convert old ripped data to new. Our old system used different plates and RDT converts from the old to the new without having to re rip everything. Pretty easy to use but some math is required.

What exactly went wrong with your page or imposed file? I have only used it to assign Inkdrop profiles to existing imposed files.

Customer supplied PDF v1.3 set up with 4C plus PMS colors. When RIPped with the PMS set to 4C, the images dropped out. When RIPped as supplied, leaving PMS colors as spots, the images showed up. Rampage suggested using RDT to convert the spot PMS to process after RIPing.

Using RDT seems like a strange thing for Rampage to suggest for this issue. I'd convert the spots to process in Acrobat and see what you get. Are these Spots PMS colors or made up spots like My Red wagon red set to be a spot? Could be the spots have bad alternate color space info too.

What version of Rampage you on? Are you ripping direct? PDF Trap engine? Is the PDF built correctly? We haven't ever used RDT and had no reason to... there's always a way, but if Rampage said so... depends on who you talked to they know there stuff. I'd love to see the file and try it on my end if possible.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back